AEC Engineering has a unique opportunity to join our growing company as an Estimator / Project Manager in Freeport, Maine!
AEC Engineering is a premiere designer of industrial controls and has been fabricating UL-listed industrial control panels for nearly 40 years. As a custom "design/build" company our customers come from a wide variety of industries. We also provide complete controls engineering & automation software design services as well as perform reliable service & support activities for our customers’ automation and integration needs.
This position, reporting directly to the owner/President, will work with our highly skilled team of technicians, engineers, designers and support staff in a collaborative approach to determine project requirements and deliverables, prepare materials and labor estimates and develop quotes & proposals for customer review and approval.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, intuitive, highly organized and detail oriented. Eager to creatively contribute and help define success through commitment to continuous improvement, teamwork and understands the importance of excellent customer service.
As a small company, every role makes a huge impact, which allows us to be able to customize a position that fits your individual goals, skills and career aspirations.
- Prepare material and labor quotes either from customer supplied materials, or from scratch
- Research appropriate components that meet the requirements of the solution being proposed
- Develop relationships with suppliers and distributors
- Find best sources for procurement of desired materials and assist with purchasing as needed
- Create proposals for customer review and acceptance
- Meet bid deadlines while ensuring quality is not compromised
- Track quotes & proposals through the customer’s buying process
- Manage approved project timelines and coordinate with others as needed
- Be a vocal advocate for AEC outside the company, and a vocal advocate for your customers within the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical field helpful or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years Engineering experience in an electrical controls or automated manufacturing environment
- Experience with creating materials and labor estimates, purchasing or vendor/supplier management
- Experience with electrical components helpful
- Familiar with reading wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Experience in working with firm deadlines.
- Experience dealing with internal and external customers.
How we take care of you
- We provide a comfortable, collaborative environment with a continual focus on exceeding the expectations of our customers. We place an emphasis on quality and artisanship with career growth opportunity and stability. In addition, we offer:
- Highly competitive salary
- Robust paid time off program
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with generous company contribution
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Simple Individual Retirement Account with company contribution match up to 3% of employee salary
- Annual bonuses at discretion of owner
- Relocation Assistance Available!
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- What is your personal email address?
Work Location: One location