OnePointOne is an indoor farming company solving pressing issues of global food production, distribution and consumption through automation, data science and brainpower. We plan to feed developed and developing nations, city by city, by taking an innovative and strategic stance against the problems facing our urbanizing world and growing populations. Working with OnePointOne offers a unique opportunity to develop an agricultural solution with societal, environmental and economic profits, bound to improve lives.
We are seeking a full-time Embedded Firmware Engineer to join our software team and work on development of our mobile robotics fleet and proprietary farm control system. We are seeking a self-driven, personable and organized individual who thrives on complexity and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
The right candidate should have the following qualifications and qualities:
- BSCS or EE (or similar) background required
- 2-4 years’ embedded C/C++ programming experience
- 1+ year Python programming experience
- Success in creating useful embedded projects in the past
- Soldering and electrical debugging experience (usage of multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc)
- Experience reading datasheets and implementing drivers for sensors
- Familiarity with low-level serial protocols (e.g. UART, I2C, SPI)
- Familiarity with linux based systems.
- Familiarity with an RTOS.
- Comfortable in a warehouse environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to self-manage a variety of competing requirements and tasks
- References describe you as diligent and someone who takes initiative
- Fun to be around
- Nice to have:
- Familiarity with ESP32 / NXP RT
- Comfortable specifying components for an embedded design
- Product-oriented thinking
Apply with us today at: https://onepointone.freshteam.com/jobs! Let us know more about yourself by including a cover letter indicating why you're interested in working with OnePointOne and highlighting relevant aspects of your background. Thank you for your interest!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Professional Development Assistance
- Python programming: 1 year (Required)
- embedded C/C++ programming: 2 years (Required)
- San Jose, CA 95126 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19