Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Product Design Engineer will be responsible for collaborating on product design from concept to manufacturing with a focus on Computer Aided Drafting and Design. Candidate should be able to provide strong technical and organizational abilities with limited supervision. This position takes ownership of project execution by developing concepts using CAD, producing final design specifications, estimating costs and researching market requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
· Improve current products and develop new products.
· Much of your time will be spent using Solidworks to make 2D and 3D drawings and test your designs using Solidworks Simulation for FEA studies. May also use Altair Inspire for FEA’s.
· Create and test physical prototypes by tinkering with tools, materials and 3D printer.
· Brainstorm ideas with R&D team and develop concepts using Solidworks.
· Create and maintain detailed design documentation and produce final design specifications.
· Aid in the selection of materials for the products.
· Research and estimate time and costs required to complete projects.
· Other tasks and duties as assigned.
· Education / Certification
o Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
o Curriculum in Computer Aided Drafting and Design
· Knowledge & Experience
o Minimum 3 years CAD experience required.
o Competence using Solidworks required.
o Experience in FEA modelling preferred.
o Experience in product design from concept to manufacturing preferred.
o Experience in a manufacturing facility preferred.
· Personal Attributes
o Team player
o Ability to deal with multiple projects at one time.
o Detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Describe your experience using Simulation in SolidWorks.
- What is your salary expectation for this position?
- Mechanical Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 2 years (Preferred)
- working with Altair Inspire: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location