M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
A competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Military Reserve pay offset
Paid maternity leave
An Electrician Apprentice assists in the installation of electrical equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. This level Apprentice will be given instruction and work experience installing basic equipment which involves using hand tools and power tools, a basic understanding of electrical blueprints, and knowledge of the NEC. Additionally, each apprentice must make every effort to become a well-qualified journeyperson. This requires registration for related instruction courses, attending class regularly, and being on time for both work and apprenticeship school.
You will assist with:
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Installing and mounting electronic controls, device, panels, sensors, and components.
- Performing interlock wiring as required.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
- Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Reading contract drawings.
- Trouble shooting EMS systems, smart breakers, and relays
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED with 0 - 6 months of experience or more.
- Reliable Transportation
- Clean driving record
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
- Willing to travel preferred
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works on energized circuits or equipment.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see In color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled