Columbia Building Services is a family-owned building services company based out of Minneapolis, MN that has been in business for over 100 years. We provide seasonal property management services for buildings in the downtown area as well as buildings in the seven-county metro and greater Minnesota.
Columbia Building Services is seeking an experienced Microsoft Access Developer to maintain and update their MS Access database programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Develop, test, and maintain existing Access databases by adding and upgrading Forms, Reports, VBA coding modules and other database objects to improve and enhance the database's capabilities.
· Provide training and technical support to users of our Access database programs.
· Improving existing database systems to improve performance and bring them into industry and organizational standardized best practices for database structure and design.
· Translating business practices, forms and reports into database objects and processes.
· Troubleshooting and correct database issues.
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Access Database programming.
· Proven work experience as a Database developer.
· Demonstrate a clear understanding of key database design concepts.
· Programming experience with Visual Basic for Applications. (VBA)
The Ideal candidate should have:
· Excellent attention to detail and consistent adherence to established standards of database design and best practices.
· Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
· Ability to work on a variety of projects with a minimum of supervision.
· Ability to work with all levels of IT staff inside and outside the organization.
· Dependable and flexible when necessary.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000-75,000 per year
Salary is commensurate with skills.
· Day shift
· Monday to Friday
· Microsoft Access: 5 years (Required)
· One location
Columbia Building Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minneapolis, MN 55413: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- MySQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Database administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oracle: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location