The Sales Application Engineer provides high-level technical and application support of Sure Grip Products. Along with providing technical support with the Sales Managers on sales calls, the Sales Application Engineer will act as the technical interface between Sales, Engineering and Production to facilitate a smooth transition for our customers and products. This role is the go to technical resource for all Sales Team members covering North America, Europe and Australasia.
The Sales Application Engineer would be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Works in conjunction with the sales and engineering teams to provide customers with technical support
- Works cross functionally to ensure our products are presented effectively and as viable solutions and answer all technical enquiries that are presented
- Collaborates with Engineering, Production and Product Management teams to ensure our products are presented effectively and as viable solutions while providing all technical enquries presented
- Acts as the liaison between Customer, Sales, and NPD while a project is vetted
- Troubleshoots on the sure grip products
- Collects, analyzes and recommends configuration and customer system information
- Provides customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc.
- Consults on technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Follows up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure
- Manages customer communications and expectations including conducting necessary meetings until the closure of each case
- Presents solutions and discusses technical aspects with customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technologist Diploma, preferably Electronic Engineering or equivalent work experience
- At least five years of work-related experience with at least one year of experience in facilitating sales calls
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of basic electrical, welding, machining and manufacturing preferred
- Joystick, handle, or related electronic work experience background
Essential Job Functions
- Excellent mechanical and electrical inclination
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Requires sitting for long periods of time in an office environment and/or working on a computer with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to walk on the manufacturing floor with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with or without reasonable accommodation
Sure Grip Controls offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; extended health, dental, short term disability and long term disability benefits, RRSP matching, bonuses, consideration of work-life balance, vacation and continuing education. We recognize the importance of developing and retaining top talent to be part of our high performing team at Sure Grip.
Our priorities are to be safe, take care of our employees and take care of our customers. Our values are; be passionate, work as a team, think creatively and deliver results. We have a supportive culture and help each other solve challenges. We are a growing company and want to add great team players to help us grow.
Sure Grip Controls (“Sure Grip”) was incorporated in 1996 to manufacture industrial control grips for the heavy equipment industry. The company started by supplying control grips to several major equipment manufacturers in the Canadian forest industry. Sales soon expanded to include Europe, the United States, and New Zealand. Sure Grip now supplies mobile heavy equipment manufacturers around the world, and has twice received recognition as one of Canada’s top 200 fastest growing companies by Profit magazine. Their goal is to ensure they are leading the industry in innovation and creating new opportunities for their customers.
In early 2015, Sure Grip Controls was acquired by Bailey International Inc., based in Knoxville, TN. Bailey is a leading, competitive manufacturer and distributor of both standard and innovative custom mobile hydraulic components. Adding Sure Grip Controls to the Bailey family creates a complementary product offering and an opportunity to further enhance the revolutionary service experience for their customers.
To learn more, visit: www.suregripcontrols.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Application deadline: 2022-07-15
Expected start date: 2022-09-06