Converse Consultants currently has an opening for a full time Senior Engineer for our Southern California offices. This position includes responsibility for project management, writing and/or reviewing proposals/reports, marketing, client management, budget management, quality control, quality assurance, risk management, establishing and managing schedules, and project profitability.
As a Senior Engineer you plan, develops, coordinates, and directs large or small private and public sectors projects with many complex features. Track project budgets and schedules. Ascertain that all deliverables are submitted to the client on schedule and within budget. Maintain existing clients and develop new business. Hire, train, and supervise subordinate personnel. Participate in the growth and development of Converse.
· Provide marketing/business development efforts including meeting with new and existing clients (both private and public), staying active with private, municipal, and large civil clients, and attending association meetings and conferences.
· As-needed site visits during grading and other field activities to review issues and provide technically sound recommendations.
· Expand client base/solidify existing client base and develop new work.
· Help the geotechnical/material testing groups and offices increase profitability, maintain a profitable position, and meet or exceed planned growth goals.
· Provide geologic/geotechnical support and oversight.
· Meet directly with clients regarding project issues.
· Write proposals/letters/reports.
· Provide QA/QC oversight on projects.
· Provide training and technical/professional mentorship for younger staff.
· Assist in collection efforts.
· Travel as needed to support these efforts and for business development efforts.
· Must have a good driving record and be acceptable to our company’s insurer.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering/Civil Engineering
· Registered Professional Engineer in California
· Geotechnical Engineer in California, (preferred)
Converse Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin genetic information, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $99,514.00 - $121,629.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Preferred)
- Registered Professional Engineer in California (Preferred)