Freese and Nichols, Inc. is a professional consulting firm serving clients across the Southwest and Southeast United States. With sustainability in mind, Freese and Nichols plans, designs and manages infrastructure projects. It is the first engineering/architecture firm to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces – No. 10. For more information about Freese and Nichols, visit www.freese.com
United States – Baton Rouge, LA; New Orleans, LA; Houston, TX; Corpus Christi, TX; or, Austin, TX
Freese & Nichols, Inc. is currently seeking to add a Coastal Engineer in its Baton Rouge, LA; New Orleans, LA; Houston, TX; Corpus Christi, TX; or, Austin, TX office. Upcoming project opportunities include coastal restoration and sediment management projects for a variety of federal, state, and local government clients as well as non-governmental organizations that are active along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Freese and Nichols holds numerous contracts with clients including U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Galveston and Jacksonville Districts as well as state agencies such as the Texas General Land Office and the Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority. Preferred candidates should have combinations of knowledge related to coastal restoration, beach nourishment, shoreline protection, dredging, coastal structures, coastal hazard analyses, hydrodynamic modeling and coastal process analyses. This role includes providing To provide senior level knowledge and technical direction to project. Full responsibility for designs and studies.
- Planning, engineering, design, and, E&D during construction -phase services
- Technical resourcing of coastal and/or navigation project delivery teams
- Participation in coastal and/or navigation project delivery decisions regarding technical approaches, cost estimating, project scheduling, project resourcing, safety, and subcontractor coordination and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- 5-15 years of experience including a minimum of 5-8 of experience in coastal protection/restoration and/or dredging projects
- Shall be registered as a PE in Louisiana and/or Texas, or able to obtain registration within six months
- Project management skills preferred with experience in managing project delivery teams and coordinating with clients and regulatory agencies
- Understanding of coastal/dredge engineering and science principles
- Combinations of knowledge of wind-wave-water levels, coastal sediment processes, coastal morphology, storm-induced erosion analyses; and, dredging and dredged material conveyance and management
- Able to prepare construction plans and specifications; and, utilize GIS and CAD. Must have experience with technical writing and professional writing, and the ability to conduct presentations at public and client meetings
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.