Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Science Leader, Pharmacovigilance
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Science Lead, are to:
- Drive Pharmacovigilance’s (PV’s) transition to utilize novel technologies to advance analytical tools and data sources;
- Lead analytical projects, generate hypothesis and scoping in the area of pharmacovigilance and drive the definition, design, implementation and validation of advanced analytic algorithms and models;
- Transform data science prototypes to validated end to end solutions;
- Perform complex simulation, modelling and machine learning algorithms and integrate multi-layered data models;
- Analyze diverse internal and external sources for value adding benefit/risk information concerning Bayer products by leveraging complex statistical and predictive models;
- Build up and continuously update relevant process knowledge and contribute to the development of new analytical solutions;
- Manage interfaces to partner and client functions;
- Train PV staff in the use of state-of-the-art technologies, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence platforms and provide statistical consultation to Global Safety Leaders.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD degree (preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Life Sciences;
- 5 years of professional experience in a GxP related life science industry, ideally in Pharmacovigilance;
- Highly experienced in a big and complex data environment, using advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, deep learning frameworks and machine learning algorithms;
- Excellent understanding in statistical performance data, trend analysis to determine abnormalities and a broad understanding in a variety of data environments and tools (like SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, Rapid Miner, Spotfire, etc.)
- Strong business understanding of pharmaceutical medicine and delivery of healthcare and ability to collaborate with business teams as a sparring partner to identify high-impact opportunities by leveraging extensive data assets;
- Capability to manage a very high degree of complexity as well as to present complex issues clearly and convincingly to project teams and decision bodies;
- Strong leadership skills and competencies in cross-functional teams;
- Strong relationship builder both internally and externally with a wide variety; of partners from different cultures and organizational levels;
- High level of creativity with the ability to think outside the box;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
United States : New Jersey : Morristown
+ 1 888-473-1001, option #5
Database, Medical, Agricultural, Pharmacovigilance, Developer, Technology, Healthcare, Agriculture