This position is based in Bozeman, MT., but has the potential to be a hybrid work from home/in office position.
As MKS is a federal contractor, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and show proof of same by start date as conditions of employment, except where an exemption (due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that prevents you from receiving the vaccine) has been approved by MKS.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Applications and Customer Support Engineer who can…
Provide exceptional customer support, on a global basis, to help sales close deals as well as support customer’s technical inquiries. The successful candidate will be able to troubleshoot potential system errors, replicate customer challenges and develop potential solutions and be able to solve their problems. In addition, the candidate must be able to recommend potential systems, configure and build said systems, test and ship to the customer. Finally, the successful candidate will work closely with R&D to verify correct performance against specifications and help test and troubleshoot new designs. Key responsibilities include:
- Pre & Post-sales support
- Management of a Spectroscopy Applications Lab
- Software testing
- System verification against known customer specifications
- Evaluation of system performance against established protocols and or existing manuals
- Support for quality initiatives and performance improvement objectives
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity and passion or customer service?
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of customer support, technical depth in highly specialized technical products. This person can excel in a self-motivated way to explore problems with customers and find innovative ways to solve their problems. This person can excel in a highly technical and demanding environment and she or he will have the following capabilities and backgrounds.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar experience with strong technical knowledge of MKS products.
- Candidate must have great communication skills, customer empathy and a curiosity for finding novel solutions to challenging problems.
- Candidate should be able to work with little direct supervision but can also collaborate closely with a range of other teammates on complex projects.
- Candidate should be able to configure and then install custom customer solutions onsite.
- Candidate must work closely with R&D to evaluate quality issues, troubleshoot systemic product issues and test and evaluate new products and solutions against known customer expectations.
- Candidate will be expected to support a global audience of MKS employees and customers both in-person and remotely.
- Finally, the successful candidate must be comfortable consulting with both customers and MKS sales staff regarding the types of solutions they might want and be able to configure, build and test specialized solutions that meet their needs.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.'
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location