At StingRay Optics, a G&H Company, we develop advanced and complex optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue, surveillance and commercial applications. These systems span the optical spectrum of ultra violet, visible, and infrared wavelengths. StingRay is a fast paced design environment for prototype and production volumes. Our engineers are responsible for making systems that the world has never seen before. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and creative engineer with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
As an Electronics Engineer you will design, build, program, and support systems such as motorized zoom lenses, motorized iris, and filter wheels.
This position requires the individual to have a well-rounded background with knowledge in motorized systems and their control. He/she must understand motion control features such as encoders, limit switches, stepper and dc motors. The ability to program microcontrollers in C/C++, knowledge of SPI and I2C interfaces to sub-components is a must. The prototype volumes we deal with require a candidate who is capable of thriving in an environment where each project is custom and has the demands of a new design. He/she must also be capable creating wiring diagrams for each design. If you enjoy working with hardware, software, supporting existing systems, and collaborating with a diverse set of professionals across different engineering groups and business functions then this is the job for you.
Business hours are M-F 8am-6pm.
- Devise and perform tests and treatments (e.g., burn-in) of optical and opto-electronic devices such as semiconductor laser modules and photodetectors.
- Collect and analyze measurement data and write test reports and other documentation
- Design microcontroller circuits for the control of electro- mechanical devices such as motorized lens
- Prior experience with translating vague needs into firm optical specifications.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by consistently educating oneself in areas of science necessary for completing the projects and tasks at hand.
- Work both independently and as a team to complete projects.
- Educate other team members and engineers in motion control and other fundamental principles to build the technical capability of the company as a whole.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical concepts such as motor control, reading encoders, limit switches, and thermistors.
- Familiarity with SPI and I2C inter-chip communication protocols.
- Experience programming with C/C++.
- Capability in reading and understanding component level specification sheets.
- Working knowledge of basic mechanics is required.
- Experience with LabVIEW is a plus.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline with minimum of 3 years work or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience controlling opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Reviewing, assessing, and creating drawings, specifications, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), technical reports and other documentation associated with design and build of products.
- The ability to lift 40 pounds.
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations ("U.S. Export Control Laws"), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are "U.S. persons" as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)