- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline, or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in software development building successful production software systems.
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, or C#, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership and results-oriented culture.
Position is located in Nashville, TN. Relocation assistance included!
Amazon strives to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring shipments are delivered as quickly, accurately, and conveniently as possible. In Amazon Operations, we seek to push the boundaries of what is “possible.” Whether it’s delivery in an hour or shipping across the world, our teams are focused on innovating, rapidly and at scale. This is an opportunity to join one of those teams during its early stages to build software products that will transform Amazon Operations.
We are looking for Software Engineers with 4+ years of experience solving complex problems to join a start-up team within the Worldwide Transportation and Logistics Group. You will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network and in the process drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering and operational excellence.
In this role you will:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on complex challenges in large-scale computing and find out what it takes to engineer systems for “Amazon Scale."
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
- Contribute and drive planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
- Master's degree or relevant work experience.
- Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying high volume and highly scalable services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Strong skills and experience with programming, design, and architecture, and familiarity/experience with AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and describe product strategy, technical designs, and software product features.
- Experience in full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. program in the past 6 months, your background aligns more closely with our Student Programs openings. To learn more about our Student Programs and search for internships and full-time opportunities please visit this site: www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/student-programs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation