Padget Technologies is seeking an experienced controls technician to lead all electronic and software programming for PLCs, HMI systems, vision systems, and various other industrial automation controls used in custom designed test stands, automation implementation, and custom designed machinery.
This programming will be primarily related to PLCs, HMIs, vision systems, laser systems, sensors, data acquisition, and other electronic elements, and may include industrial robots such as Fanuc and Kawasaki among others. This person will work collaboratively with a team of mechanical engineers to create and fabricate custom designed solutions and report directly to the engineering manager. A successful candidate must be able to independently manage projects while being responsible for quality, cost, timeline, and other factors. On-site support and/or installations will often be the final step to complete a project requiring some overnight travel to a customer’s location. The extent of travel is dependent upon the size of the project but is not expected to exceed 20%.
The following list summarizes and outlines some of the responsibilities of this position:
- Provide guidance for most sensible component selection based on project needs
- Participate in project quoting providing educated knowledge of estimated labor usage
- Participate in the creation of schematics, diagrams, and manuals for custom equipment and programs
- Program PLC’s for automation, motion-control, integration of various components, etc.
- Program HMI’s or other interfaces
- Integrate and program other electrical and automation components such as: vision systems, laser systems, sensors, actuators, servos, safety equipment, etc.
- Work directly with customers in-person and over the phone
- Participate in installation and on-site services of systems at customer locations throughout the Midwest
- Create and maintain the appropriate project documentation
- Perform duties in accordance with timeline, budget, and quality standards
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Report directly to the engineering manager
- Possibly attend trade shows or other sales functions
The following qualifications are required for this position:
- Formal education and/or equivalent training and/or experience in industrial controls programming
- 3+ years experience preferred
- Allen Bradley, Siemens, and/or Omron programming experience a plus
- Programming experience of Cognex and Keyence products a plus
- Programming experience of industrial robots a plus
- Motion control experience a plus
- Direct participation in sales
- Independent quoting of projects
Job Type: Full-time