This is a very customer focused, hands on role in which the Help Desk Support Engineer will be expected to handle and resolve customer issues. This specific role is for a resource with a strong background in networking and security. This role will be a part of the Tier 1/2 escalation team and will have a work shift consisting of rotating days, Sunday through Saturday, from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. CST.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Must have a personal dedication to training and development.
- Must possess strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving / resolutions skills
- Professional appearance
- Professionally assertive
- Dependable, adaptable, flexible, and a Team player.
- Must directly interact with customers and may have to handle multiple accounts at once.
- Experience within a Managed Service environment.
- Able to deal with challenging customer and staffing issues in a professional and supportive manner and to see these through to resolution and/or escalation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team, both in-person and virtual media outlets for remote contacts.
- Capable of managing own workload with minimal supervision to tight deadlines.
- Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology, Business Studies, Computing, or relevant subject is an advantage.
- Should be proficient with at least one of the following: Microsoft AD, Exchange, and/or Citrix XenApp and/or XenDesktop. Microsoft MCSA or MCSE a plus.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Interact with the Service Delivery Team, Professional Services Engineers, and Account Managers.
- Update tickets with detailed notes until resolved or escalated.
- Update time sheets and expense reports daily. Submit on a weekly basis.
- Achieve and maintain required certifications and complete additional training programs for continued growth.
- Handle and resolve incoming Managed Services and Help Desk work tickets- must know all the technical details and be able to explain to end users in a lucid manner.
- Ensure all Managed Service provisions are delivered on time and in accordance with Cloud’s business customers’ expectations and that ordering, delivery, and support is planned and scheduled accordingly with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Managed Service function by sharing knowledge, experience, and expertise with other team members.
- Ensure all aspects of the department “business as usual” operations can be maintained to meet customers’ requirements.
- Work to ensure key SLAs are met for provisioning and support and to ensure progress updates are provided as required where service issues are identified. Ensure activity on projects is regularly monitored to ensure milestones are met.
- Assist the team where required by actively working on customer issues, handling calls, etc.
- Manage the Managed Services Queue during assigned rotations and proactively help to keep the queue caught up when there is downtime.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff, and agency information.
- Local travel to customer sites and up to 20% of travel out of town for conferences, customer onboarding, customer support, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the CTO and Director of Managed Services.
- Will be available via Skype for Business, Slack, email, and phone to provide timely answers to team members, vendors, and customers.
- Work as part of the On-call Rotation
- Must report to the office location in Overland Park, KS office during the assigned shift and handle or prioritize after-hours requests and tasks appropriately and professionally.