At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems Division designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking an Industrial Engineer to assist with systems and integration projects.
This position is located in San Diego, CA.
Support Capital Facilities Projects associated with improving, modernizing, and upgrading assembly, integration, and test areas. This role requires strong project management skills and experience, excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and acting in partnership with the Facilities Engineering Project Manager, Cost Account Manager, and the functional teams (Process Workcenters, Value Stream Managers, Manufacturing Engineering, Design / Analysis Engineering, & Test Engineering) to help with the planning, logistics, and requirements verification of project(s).
The Industrial Engineer also supports the Industrial Engineering and Scheduling organization with process improvements and systems integration projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and implement plans that ensure the timely availability and effective utilization of labor, general facilities & space utilization, equipment, & tooling resources enabling the achievement of program delivery and cost milestones
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems
- Based on outcomes from the studies, develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
- May assist facility engineers in the planning and design of facilities
- Develop and summarize analysis for the acquisition, maintenance & enhancement of capital assets and miscellaneous equipment
- Provide capacity planning, shop-loading and staffing analysis for functional production teams
- Analyze existing operational processes and develops metrics and reporting to optimize and improve program & operational performance
- May be required to support more than one product line and manufacturing area(s), as well as support multiple program or production managers
Preferred Advanced Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Math with 5+ years of experience performing Industrial Engineering roles and/or functions; OR Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 3 years of experience performing Industrial Engineering roles and/or functions
- 3 years minimum experience working in a manufacturing environment and hands on experience using shop floor production system (MES)
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (SAP or Cost-Point etc.)
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proficient with AutoCAD or Visio software
- Must currently have an Active SCI Clearance OR the ability to obtain SCI Clearance
- US Citizen
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification
- Demonstrated experience as an "agent of change" through hands-on implementation of continuous improvement, TPS, TOC,
- Familiarity with aerospace, space, and composites is a plus
- Exposure / familiarity to UG NX, Solidworks, Catia, etc. is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.