Alterman is one of the premiere electrical contractors in Central and South Texas providing electrical construction on many of the region’s most impressive landmarks and contemporary structures. By integrating cutting-edge technologies with core values and disciplines, Alterman has successfully met the expanding needs of commercial and industrial clients and has earned the confidence of Owners, Construction Managers, General Contractors, Architects, and Engineers. We are an EC&M Top 50 market leading electrical contractor focused on safety, quality, and customer satisfaction with a strong commitment from our employee owners to excellence throughout the organization.
Alterman, Inc. has an opening for the position of Technologies Audio Visual Systems Estimator. The Technologies Audio Visual Systems Estimator will develop and prepare cost estimates for electrical projects of varying size and complexity. This position will help the Senior Estimator be an integral part of the electrical construction process ensuring company competitiveness, profitability and growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret all construction documents (architectural, civil, electrical, telecom, security, etc.) to accurately quantify all audiovisual systems scope items provided in each bid package.
- Accurately quantify all material and labor requirements associated with the project. Confirm commodity material pricing and prepare and solicit quotations for major buy-out materials.
- Accurately input all relevant take-off information into applicable computer software.
- Prepare recap / summary sheets for all estimates. Assist with final assembly of estimate for presentation to customer. Prepare proposal and scope of work letter and / or RFP response package information.
- Work in conjunction with Customers, Engineers, Pre-Construction and Contract Managers to prepare an accurate bid proposal.
- Process project quotations, tabulating and analyzing quotations as to price, terms, delivery, and general conformity with requirements of the inquiry and specifications.
- Prepare estimate package for turn-over to Project Management for all projects awarded to include but not limited to; bid summary, estimate and takeoff information, material and equipment quotations, proposal and scope letter and other related information.
- Participate in project kickoff meeting between estimating and project management.
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years of related experience, or combination of education and field experience.
- Must have working knowledge of the audiovisual systems trade and high field / mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of audiovisual systems (commercial LED displays, analog & digital media systems, and sound reinforcement systems). Understanding of networking typology, a plus, but not mandatory.
- Ability to read, count, and understand plans and specifications to include blueprints, proposals, and other documents as they relate to low voltage technology work.
- Ability to work calmly under deadlines and external pressure.
- Excellent math, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills with all basic office programs (Excel, Outlook, and Word) and the ability to learn and use related software and systems required.
Alterman is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- audiovisual systems trade and high field/mechanical aptitude: 3 years (Required)
- related: 3 years (Required)
- audio visual systems (commercial LED displays, analog, etc.): 3 years (Required)
- Do you have the ability to read, count, and understand plans and specifications to include blueprints, proposals, and other documents as they relate to low voltage technology work?