Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, and Targ-Dot® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
The Design/Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The Engineer will collaborate with Sales/Marketing, Planning, Purchasing and Shop/Assembly teams on design projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Design for Manufacturability of new and current products utilizing casting, powder metal, injection molding or stampings.
- Works with domestic and overseas manufacturing partners to support product design, ensuring all specifications are achieved.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing to plan and execute projects to meet company goals.
- Works to Complete Projects within Budget and Schedule.
- Works with domestic and overseas manufacturing partners to develop manufacturable designs.
- Develop Bills of Material and Manufacturing routings.
- Evaluate product performance, making changes in processes, design or equipment where necessary.
- Work with cross-functional teams to achieve continuous product improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of progressive work experience in Engineering within a design /manufacturing environment, required
- Creative ability to apply practical solutions to design problems.
- Ability to convert existing parts to casting, powder metal or injection molded parts
- Must have a proven track record in manufacturing and engineering design work
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to participate in a team environment.
- Experience with Project Management and Prototyping.
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Understanding and experience in mold flow modeling simulations and interpretations, preferred
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts preferred
The job operates in an Engineering and Manufacturing Environment.
Requires adherence to all safety procedures while on the shop floor
This role routinely uses standard office equipment; such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30p.m. Over-time required when needed to make Project Commitments and Milestones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Middletown, CT (Required)