Variable Data Programmer
Digital Dog Direct is searching for a Variable Data Programmer, preferably with experience in the print/mail industry. This is a full time opening and includes a competitive benefits package and growth opportunity. In this position the incumbent will perform duties as indicated below in support of delivering quality services to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Variable Data Programmer is responsible for the preparation, review and generation of digitally printed materials to fulfill customer orders utilizing various software products and printing equipment.
· Optimize customer data files for error free variable printing.
· Troubleshoot files for problems to alleviate production issues.
· Repair files (e.g., correct color, handle impositions, etc.) and associated media to make files print ready.
· Program and prepare jobs for printing using Print Shop Mail, Adobe and other software applications.
· Adhere to quality control guidelines while performing all duties
- Must be high energy, enthusiastic and a proactive self-starter.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to preflight and analyze client files, identify problems and correct prior to printing.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate customer data according to customer specifications.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a collaborative environment.
- Strong PC/MAC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Associate Degree preferred).
- Experience with variable digital print or preparation of artwork for production a plus.
- Experience with variable data page composition a huge plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Trenton, NJ 08638 (Required)
- Do you have experience with variable data page composition and/or layout?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off