large bodies of work and are collectively Oregon’s largest active IT project. These projects utilize staff from multiple agencies, as well as multiple contractors. Further, there are overlapping priorities from other DHS and Oregon Health Authority (OHA) projects, and ongoing maintenance and operations work.
IE is an expansion of Oregon's Affordable Care Act Compliant Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Medicaid eligibility determination system, called OregONEligibility (or ONE) for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). The IE Project goal is to have a single system where an Oregonian can express information about themselves and members of their household and be determined eligible for multiple health and human service programs — both DHS and OHA programs. At the end of the IE Project, Oregonians should be able to apply online for benefits seven days a week and caseworkers should be able to focus on the care coordination activities for clients rather than on data entry across multiple systems.
Minimum of six years of experience as a Senior Mainframe Developer using COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, JCL, TSO/ISPF.
Other desirable experience is as follows:
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant functional business areas of Oregon Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) and Oregon Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) programs and processes, or similar knowledge from other states.
- Previous experience in state or local Oregon government agencies or for Human Services organizations in other states.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale complex technical architectures that include interfaces with other large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge with logging of communication between large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the handshake between interfacing systems to ensure proper reception and synchronization of records; this should specifically include experience developing and testing web services across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrated experience developing analysis and design documentation necessary for the construction, testing and implementation of identified tasks to be completed.
Job Type: Contract
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- java: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)