An individual with an engineering or construction management interest in construction who will work in the field directing, managing and overseeing jobs and in the office helping estimate and developing jobs.
A Project engineer should meet the following entry requirements:
- B.S. in Engineering OR Construction Management
- Has demonstrated the ability to lead people.
- Is a good communicator with co-workers, owners, engineers, building officials etc.
- Has a good understanding of Blueprints, S.D.S and Product Data Sheets.
- Understands and can enforce company policies.
- Be eligible to drive company vehicles (valid driver's license and clean D.M.V. record).
- Be willing to work out of town, swing shift, nights and weekends as required.
In the field:
- Manage jobs from start to completion.
- Track units, materials, man hours and equipment.
- Manage sub-contractors.
- Maintain safety' to include conducting safety meetings on the job.
- Maintain and produce a quality product.
- Maintain communications with owner and keep them informed of progress.
- Manage project budget to keep job cost at or below estimated cost.
- On large jobs provided project assistance to the superintendent such as: oversee crew or crews, track and fill out time cards and daily paperwork, develop change order cost, as-builts, schedule subcontractors, order materials, run a jack hammer, etc.
In the office:
- Estimate jobs to capture work.
- Transfer estimates to job setup sheets.
- Report completed work items for billing and develop change orders.
- Maintain a good relationship with our clients and the engineering community.
- Business development & Sales
- Provide estimating and administrative assistance to managers.
- Eligible for year end bonus.
- Eligible for the use of a company issued computer.
- Eligible for paid family health care, paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid personal time off (sick time), disability & life insurance and a company vehicle.
- To receive benefits all waiting periods must be met.
Job Type: Full-time