AK Steel, Rockport Works, is actively recruiting to fill a Maintenance Shift Manager position at 6500 N. US 231, Rockport, IN. Under the direction of the Maintenance Section Manager and within established maintenance practices, the Maintenance Turn Crew Manager position provides first-line supervision and direction to a crew of skilled-trades workers through the successful completion of assigned maintenance duties on steel production-related equipment and facilities in a timely and efficient manner. Key accountability would include maintaining Company standards regarding safety, quality and final specifications for departmental manufacturing processes. The turn crew manager will be assigned to the 4 / 4 rotation schedule and must be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as they fall on the rotation.
1. Supervises hourly skilled-trades employees and maintenance material handlers to perform maintenance functions within Company safety, quality, cost and timing standards.
2. Work closely with Engineers, other Maintenance Managers, Operations Managers, and hourly maintenance employees to develop, maintain and implement maintenance, quality and safety procedures, as directed by and reviewed with Section Manager.
3. Reviews time-based PM and Inspection plans and creates work plan and schedule based on these. Reviews work requests from operations and creates work orders (RMS) as required. Creates the Daily Maintenance Plan (DMP) for his/her crew using the plant CMMS system. Makes daily assignments based on daily determined operational and maintenance priorities and established maintenance schedules.
4. Ensures accurate technician entries into the plant CMMS system for equipment delays, breaks in scheduled work (break-ins), and technician time assignment against specific work activities.
5. Directs and oversees trouble-shooting and preventative maintenance actions for production machinery and facilities.
6. Directs personnel actions including training, disciplinary actions and attendance; authorizes hourly overtime; Works with Section Manager to settle employee complaints and disputes.
7. Prepares various safety, quality and maintenance reports and documentation. Advises Section Manager of difficulties and general condition of equipment.
8. Implements departmental safety programs, performs and/or assists in accident investigations, holds safety meetings and makes safety contacts.
Bachelors degree in General Management, Business or Technical field or combination of education / experience
Journeyman rating or licensure in maintenance mechanical/ electrical field (preferred)
Demonstrated Leadership Skills
Strong electrical or mechanical troubleshooting skills and experience.
Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communications skills.
Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Why You Should Apply:
Excellent and very competitive pay
Management Incentive Bonus plan
Paid overtime program
Excellent and complete benefit package eligible day one of employment
Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision Plans as low as $20/month
Company provided Basic Life Insurance and Accidental, Death and Dismemberment Coverage
Company Contributes 3% into Retirement Thrift Plan AND also Matches
Paid overtime when applicable
9 Paid Holidays
1 Personal Day
Short term/Long Term disability paid by Company
Career growth opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.