2205 May Court NW, Kennesaw, GA, 30144
About Freedom Electronics:
Founded in 1998, Freedom Electronics is a national remanufacturer and reseller of electronic components used in petroleum pumps and other gas station related products. Freedom is well positioned and is looking to grow aggressively by expanding its product offerings. Engineering and R&D is a key strength of Freedom and its goal is to maintain its leadership in Reverse Engineering and providing the highest quality of re-manufactured and new products to market. To learn more about our company visit our website www.freedomelectronics.com
POSITION: Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer; Full Time Position; 40hrs per week, located in Kennesaw, GA.
Freedom Electronics is seeking a Senior Engineer with a strong background in embedded firmware development, strong knowledge and reverse engineering of communication protocols, to be part of its Engineering group. This position will require someone who can “wear many hats”. The ideal candidate should enjoy being part of a small team, learning new skills, problem-solving, and have a passion for technology. The ideal candidate is familiar with a wide range of product applications. This person loves solving challenging problems and will not stop until a solution meets all requirements. Attention to detail is imperative. The ideal candidate should be able to work both independently and also a team player. The position provides the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of engineering development. Must be adaptable and flexible to varying business needs and schedules.
- BS or MS in Electrical/Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of product development and/or project management experience involving the design, development and delivery of embedded hardware and firmware projects.
- 3+ years of experience in development, debugging and productizing of large C based embedded software projects. Experience in working with several IDE based environments.
- 2+ years of experience with schematic capture, circuit board layout and routing, preferably with Altium or OrCAD. Other ECAD tools are acceptable.
- Strong knowledge and reverse engineering of communication protocols such as Current loop, I2C, UART, USB, CANBUS, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth.
- Design experience in C, VHDL, Python & RTOS for embedded applications with ARM based microcontroller and FPGAs.
- In depth knowledge of Linux kernel internals and device driver development.
- Strong capability in diagnosing and root-causing problems with various SW and HW tools. DFx (Design for cost, test & manufacturing) experience.
- Experience reading schematics and using lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, debuggers and other electronic test equipment.
- Ability to solder and repair electronic boards that contain through-hole and/or surface mount components.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and eager to help teammates in high workflow situations.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Report out clearly and regularly on issues, deliverables and results and hold action owner accountable to results which may include putting together clear trend charts, reports & powerpoint
- Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates and coordinating projects for firmware development.
- “Can do” attitude. Open minded and creative.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- 2205 May Court Northwest, Kennesaw, GA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company's Facebook page: