The Project Engineer will be entrusted to propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources in accordance with the Engineering Policy. Further accountabilities include: Coordinate personnel (e.g. other project engineers, technicians, contractors etc.) to ensure project objectives are satisfied. Propose and control the cost of projects in accordance with the Nestle guidelines for capital investment. Propose and monitor the project in accordance with the key performance indicators. Develop, execute, and audit contractor training, and promote the company's values.
- Ensure that one exhibits an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations and never implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises will be tolerated.
- Ensure that the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are adhered to and that all dealings are maintained within a competitive and fair environment and above reproach.
- Support and encourage clear and open communication between the team members and related stakeholders, e.g. site and market management, PTC, CT Engineering, CT Packaging and the SBU.
- Ensure that the procedures for protecting Nestlé's technological and proprietary know-how are in place and actively being implemented.
- Ensure that all projects are designed for the long term and result in a positive impact on the company ROIC.
- Thoroughly challenge the supporting documentation even if it is provided by other functions.
- Prepare the project for approval in accordance with the Guidelines for Capital Investment
Ensure that all assets are well designed (i.e. plant layout, equipment selection etc.)and fit the business purpose through applying new technologies, proven principles, thorough design reviews and basic science.
- Support all Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) studies.
- Ensure that the design is directed towards a low cost, highly efficient and flexible operation.
- Ensure safe work sites at all times and installations that are easy to operate, clean and maintain as well as guaranteeing after commissioning the safe, consistent manufacture/distribution of quality products.
- Ensure that the operators, mechanics, electricians etc. are effectively trained and that the transfer of the equipment to the client is both smooth and efficient. This includes all the supporting documentation that will be required by the client to operate and maintain the plant. e.g. operating instructions, equipment manuals, plant layouts, maintenance instructions, spare parts listing etc.
- Manage the allocation of all expenditures to clearly defined assets and the entry into the assets register.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Field, (Mechanical engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering).
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience in a food manufacturing facility.
- Technical knowledge, certificates or licenses relating to engineering principles, financial and accounting skills, or strong human relation skills preferred
This description should not be construed to contain every function, responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
EOE M/F/D/V - Nestle USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.