TRIANGLE ENGINEERING, LLC is seeking a highly motivated CIVIL ENGINEER (EIT) to join our team. This position requires a qualified individual who will assist Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Designers with land development engineering projects. The EIT will possess strong design capabilities and will be able to work effectively and efficiently in the CAD Civil 3D environment. In this position, there is opportunity to become a critical team member and be mentored by a group of highly effective designers and engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting engineering and senior project staff in producing high quality work products for our land development clients. Tasks may include: performing engineering calculations, preparing detailed design drawings and specifications, preparing planning and technical engineering reports, hydraulic modeling, research, data entry.
- Interacting with local and remote clients, internal company staff, permitting agencies, and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Supporting project management activities associated with the planning and execution of land development engineering projects.
- Participating in local efforts to identify, pursue, and win new projects and work.
- Assisting with site visits and field investigations as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS degree in Civil Engineering desirable.
- Engineer Intern (EIT) accreditation desired with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in the future.
- 0-3 years of experience working in the Land Development industry. Prior engineering internship or graduate experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Civil 3D land development design.
- Experience with detail site layout and grading; drainage and storm water management design; utility design; and erosion and sediment control design.
- Experience with StormCAD, Hydroflow, and other industry accepted software and development of hydrology studies.
- Experience with codes and regulations, interpreting plans, designing storm water facilities, site grading and permitting for land disturbance.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- Commitment to client satisfaction and the delivery of high quality work products.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Benefits: We offer medical/dental/life/vision insurance, 401k program, PTO and more.
EOE: We run a drug-free workplace. Must be able to pass a drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Experience: 2 years of Land Development Design
Education: Bachelors or Masters in Civil Engineering
Work authorization: United States
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Vision Insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible