Hudson Valley Lighting Group is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of lighting fixtures. Our commitment is to deliver the highest quality products and services. Our highly skilled employees take exceptional pride in producing superior quality products. We are a progressive and growing company looking for an individual interested in a long term position. We are offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced Full-Stack Developer to join our team. This position allows working remotely on Fridays; at manager’s discretion.
The ideal candidate will need to have a dedicated work ethic, work well under pressure, and be highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate. The ability to multi-task is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic industry leader!
Our Tech Stack (Required skills)
- .NET – C#, ASP.NET, MVC, .NET Core, Web API, few legacy Web Forms apps
- SQL Server 2016
- Entity Framework, Linq
- Bootstrap, SASS
- AWS EC2
Responsibilities and Skills
- Maintain and modify existing web applications, create new web applications from scratch, using maintainable, extensible code practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborate with internal departments and development team to create technical architecture and user interfaces
- Manage tasks from beginning to end and report on progress in agile setting (Asana, Slack)
- Resolve issues and bugs in a timely manner and report status (Asana)
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to junior-level developers
- Stay up-to-date with web design trends and offer ideas and observations to the team
- Create SQL Database schema objects using best practices to support the architecture of application solutions
- Write SQL Queries and Procedures to retrieve data from ERP systems and other custom databases
- Deliver code to production multiple times a day via CI/CD (Jenkins, Github)
Bonus Skills (Not required)
- Angular 2+
- Ionic Framework, native/hybrid mobile application development experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Our Outstanding Compensation Package Includes:
- A competitive salary
- Single medical & dental insurance
- Vision coverage available
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday pay program
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Need a morning snack or an afternoon pick-me-up? Enjoy weekly fruit deliveries, free tea and coffee, and healthy snacks in our executive café!
- We want you to be the healthiest and happiest version of yourself, that’s why we offer a generous gym reimbursement program through our insurance plan. We also provide an in-house annual flu shot clinic.
- It’s your birthday? Yay! Come on down and spin the birthday wheel full of fun freebies!
- Enjoy delicious treats on specialty food holidays, from National Ice Cream Day to National Hot & Spicy Food Day.
- Celebrate the holidays by enjoying fantastic food and winning awesome prizes [like tablets and gift cards] at our Annual Holiday Party.
- We’ve got a thing for lighting here, and we hope you will too! Enjoy a generous discount on all of our products.
- We understand life happens. So we offer our employees a substantial employee assistance program for those not-so-easy times.
About the Hudson Valley Lighting Group:
Founded and located in the highly desirable Hudson Valley region, the Hudson Valley Lighting Group has been a leader in the lighting industry for 35+ years. Our mission is to add beauty to the world one fixture at a time. Explore some of the amazing activities the Hudson Valley has to offer!
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off