Primarily responsible for all facility air conditioning systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
- Performs routine heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Preventive maintenance activities.
- Checks and adjusts air handling systems for proper air flow, temperature and humidity.
- Accurately diagnoses HVAC problems; efficiently organizes/expedite repairs to air handling equipment; i.e., replaces compressors, bearings, belts, pulleys and air filters.
- Will also be required to assist supervisors with the training of certain engineering staff, on trouble shooting techniques in HVAC.
- Reports all missing, broken, damaged items and/or equipment and any safety hazards immediately to Supervisors.
- Follows all safety procedures and precautions and uses personal protective equipment.
- Follows daily routine schedules and performs work in accordance with established standards.
- May be required to operate electric cart, lift or other mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
- Performs all duties of an Engineer, as assigned, on an as needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
Expertise and EPA type II certification in refrigeration required. Must have completed a two year post high school course of study in refrigeration or four years in an apprenticeship program, and five or more year of full time HVAC work experience/employment as a service or installation technician.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.14 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HVAC: 2 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place