Vitus Energy, LLC d/b/a Vitus Marine is an Alaska based, marine distributor of refined petroleum products. Vitus operates 5-7 vessel sets in Alaska as well as shoreside terminals. See http://vitus-energy.com/ for more company information.
The deckhand is responsible for assisting the vessel master with the basic day to day functions of the tug and barge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle lines and rigging during docking, undocking activities
- Organize and maintain vessel inventories
- Performs tasks necessary to keep the vessel clean, safe, and in good order including but not limited to cooking, cleaning galley, heads and shared living space, washing windows as directed
- Perform vessel maintenance including, but not limited to cleaning, scraping, painting, washing outside windows, scrubbing assigned areas, repairing rope and running gear, assisting Engineer and Tankerman and cooking
- Participates in drills and responds as emergency team member during vessel emergencies
- Assist Engineer in regular engine room inspections, maintenance and repair duties
- Takes routine engine readings of fuel consumption, fluid levels, pressure and temperature indicators as assigned
- Assists in fuel barge / cargo transfers as directed
- Any other duties as required to ensure safe and efficient vessel operations
- Report unsafe conditions to the master or officer in charge of a navigational watch and take effective action to prevent accidents.
- Must be able to adhere to all company policies, United States Coast Guard and environmental regulations
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Drug-free certification
- AB, preferred
Critical features of this job are described above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Transportation Worker Identification Card / TW (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly