The best short-line railway company you will want to work for:
Blue Water Rail Services (BWRS) currently operates in the Greater Vancouver area allowing all employees to be home with their families at the end of each shift. We provide rail-based switching solutions for customers who move railway equipment. BWRS puts employees first and works in a collaborative team environment.
How you can add value & contribute to BWRS operation - As a professional Locomotive Engineer, you will work with a Conductor to:
- Safely operate Locomotives or track mobiles;
- Communicate via radio with other workers in the office regarding rail transportation work to be performed;
- Observe hand and radio signals in the yard in accordance with railroad rules and regulations;
- Safely operate track switches as needed;
- Perform procedures required to couple/uncouple rail cars;
- Apply hand brakes on rail cars not in active use;
- Operate company vehicles;
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions, and walk extended distances over uneven terrain and;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful as a Locomotive Engineer with us:
- Possess minimum grade 12 graduation diploma or GED equivalent;
- A valid Locomotive Engineer qualification is required;
- A valid driver's license is required;
- Be available to work any shift, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays;
- Hold an exceptional safety record with minimum work-related incidents/accidents;
- Adhere to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety personal protection equipment (PPE) such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, and steel toe boots;
- Be able to be cleared for high-security clearances;
- Be a team player with a sense of humor and;
- Have some culinary skills.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. Your hours of work will be an average of 42 hours per week, working 4 on and 4 off schedule.
All new hires will be required to undergo reference and criminal record checks as well as complete a pre-employment physical and medical evaluation that includes vision, hearing and drug screening.
Next steps for your future career with BWRS...
Be bold and email your cover letter and resume quoting “Engr 20-5”. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programs
Reference ID: BWRS Engr 20-5
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $68,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- railway: 10 years (Required)
- Railway Conductor: 5 years (Required)
- Locomotive Engineer experience (excluding belt pack): 8 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Canadian working permit/visa OR Canadian SIN # (Required)
- Locomotive Engineer (Required)