Landis+Gyr is the leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, we deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in smart metering, grid edge intelligence and smart infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.8 billion, Landis+Gyr employs approximately 6,000 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
The Product Engineer 1 is an integral part of the product development team, documenting, testing and performing pre-verification and pre-validation testing of electronic hardware for Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)/ Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) products, focusing on Revenue Grade Electricity Meters. The Product Engineer 1 will also contribute to the development of new and existing meter designs and as well as component evaluation and selection using simulation, schematic entry, PCBA layout, bread-boarding, design of experiments, testing and validation in an office and development laboratory environment.
Required Experience:Desired Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Level of Education:
- Contributes to new product development with a focus on testing of assemblies, subassemblies, electronic circuits including and not limited to AC/DC power, serial interface, signal conditioning, level shifting, small signal, power electronics, transient protection, and microcontroller interfaces.
- Selects, evaluates, and qualifies components.
- Contributes to system test specifications including, functional requirements, detailed test specifications, and production test procedures.
- Contributes to design verification testing processes and procedures.
- Updates engineering documentation, submits engineering change requests and notifications, enters deviations etc... in the PDM system.
- May assume responsibility for existing product enhancement and maintenance efforts.
- Updates job skills through hands on training, mentoring, seminars, classes, and journals.
- Supports and adheres to Company’s core values.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Supports and adheres to Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Represents Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both internal and external customers.
Required Minimum Years of Experience:
Less Than 1 Year
- Experience with electronic test equipment and tools: Soldering/de-soldering equipment, oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analyzers and other related equipment
- Experience with schematic capture tools and circuit simulation (SPICE).
- Experience with high level programming language desired: Visual Studio, Lab View etc…
- Experience with circuit design, prototyping, testing and debugging of electronic circuits
- Must have proficient multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand information and ideas presented verbally and in writing
- Ability to recognize potential problems and take proactive measures
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Solid modeling and/or drafting experience a plus
- Revenue electricity metering experience a plus
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept this challenge and to work in a very dynamic, cross functional and international environment, we are looking forward to meeting you.