Under the direct supervision of the manager, this position is responsible for work order preparation from design through closeout, including OSP construction asbuilts, additions, building, site design and development. The Project Engineer will process job permits, conduct fielding for conduit and cable jobs, perform pole inspections, and utilize AutoCAD to input data and create original drawings from hand sketches to include design specifications from concept to completion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintains all Engineering and Drafting records through work order preparation and processing, including design and closeout of assignments.
2. Maintains technical and system level knowledge of the operation of all applicable current CAD systems.
3. Requests and obtains permits for specified jobs prior to the start of construction.
4. Fields jobs to provide detail on the specifications and requirements to complete the job. This includes visiting the job location, walking the job site and inputting the detail of the job into AutoCAD.
5. Performs pole inspections to ensure safety requirements for attachments are met, documents the findings and loads information into the Pole Loading program (O-Calc/SPIDAcalc)
6. 2D drafting and labeling of property boundaries and topographic features.
7. Creates and edits drawings to meet specifications.
8. Prepares documents and drawings based on data gathered from record documents.
9. Uses computer assisted design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
1. Previous Crown Castle Engineering specifications experience REQUIRED.
2. The ability to communicate in person, via telephone, and in writing.
3. Technical training in AutoCAD.
4. Proficiency with O-Calc/SPIDAcalc
5. Thoroughness in daily activities and documentation.
6. Detail oriented.
7. MS Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
8. Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role involves sitting in front of computer systems to do drafting for hours at a time and routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. When conducting outside field work, industry standard conditions apply that require the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
This is largely a sedentary role requiring the ability to sit for extended periods of time at a desk and continuously view the front of multiple computer screens. Other physical abilities include good eye hand coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to lift twenty-five (25) pounds.
During the course of outside field work, this position requires the ability to drive for extended periods of time, to maneuver around all areas of the job site and to visually inspect the work at each location.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Do you have previous Crown Castle Engineering specifications experience?
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place