CPM Holdings Inc. is a leading process and equipment solutions provider to the oilseed, animal feed, biomass, food, and materials processing industries. We also serve the corn wet milling, pet food, packaging, ethanol and wood industries and are the world leader in pelleting, particle size reduction equipment and automation. CPM has more than 1,260 employees with facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
CPM is seeking an Applications Engineer with the desire to grow within our organization. This full-time position is located at our Waterloo, IA Global headquarters.
An applications engineer provides intensive technical support to key customers including equipment requirement analysis, product promotion and training, system evaluation, design review, and troubleshooting. An applications engineer is the primary technical interface to our customers and works closely with the sales, engineering and customer service teams to align product offering to customer opportunities.
After extensive training, this person will be the expert in applications and CPM Roskamp Champion equipment function and design for our Oilseed, Ethanol, Animal Feed, and Industrial markets.
Key areas of responsibility
- Analyze data and create preliminary calculations in a timely manner
- Provide process knowledge assistance
- Collaborate with suppliers of ancillary equipment
- Where required, accompany sales person at client meetings, with regard to process.
- Verification of preliminary work prior to start of formal engineering
Qualifications (necessary skills and experience required)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and willingness to “get your hands dirty”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 1-3 Years industrial experience preferred
- Industrial sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of associates degree or higher preferred
- Ability to travel an average of 30%
CPM Acquisition Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. CPM Acquisition Corp. offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, pension, and medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement