CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown’s Food Division is the number one manufacturer of food cans in the world. Our complete array of food packaging serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder and other dry food products. We offer a wide selection of food cans from round to bowl as well as shaped cans. We truly focus on excellence. Here is your chance to join the Crown Food Division.
Crown Cork & Seal USA, Inc.
700 16th Street SE
Come join the Crown Cork & Seal's team at our state-of-the-art food can manufacturing facility in Massillon! We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to assist in administering the Quality program. You will be charged with encouraging and promoting an atmosphere of safety, continuous improvement and World Class Performance to meet all our customer requirements throughout the plant with all personnel.
The successful candidate's duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide systems level guidance and instruction to the quality department as well as the overall operation to ensure that all are working towards the same set of goals and requirements.
- Daily review of all process control records to ensure that internal compliance measures and customer requirements are being met. Keep management team apprised of all quality issues.
- Daily review of all spoilage collections assigning various types to proper source. Help develop, maintain and improve a spoilage control program.
- Provide quality assurance training for plant hourly and management teams.
- Daily review and entry of all defective material related data into associated databases.
- Daily review of production to evaluate and determine proper disposition of questionable product and formally isolate production when required.
- Scheduling and tracking of plant sorting operations.
- Key member of safety committee to participate and promote safety in the plant.
- Maintaining accurate mill claims for all suppliers will be generated from spoilage, sorting and other databases.
- Generating a monthly report to detail activities at the plant. This report will include quality, production, SPC, customer concerns, supplier concerns, HACCP, plant concerns.
- Plant audits will be performed on a regular basis as prescribed by corporate as well as internal guidelines.
- Work with customers and or the sales department to resolve and questions they have, concerning quality issues.
Job Requirements *
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Four-year technical college degree
- 3+ years hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment with proven Quality Management System oversight capability. Supervisory experience a plus.
- Proficient in Office 2000, (Excel Word Access and Power Point)
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SPC (Statistical Process Control). Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or strong ISO background a plus. Basic understanding of HACCp and GMP's.
- Good personal interactive skills are essential for the training, coaching and leading of plant hourly and management teams in the Quality Management realm.
- Must work will with others and be able to communicate in an effective and clear manner.
- Must have the ability to interface with corporate engineering and customers, concerning quality and process capability.
- Be very organized and disciplined in the way they perform tasks.
- Analytical skills must be highly developed with an ability to objectively evaluate data and perform statistical analysis.
- Technical writing skills provide an advantage in report development and team progress.
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).
0 - 10%