Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
This position will serve as Radar Cross Section (RCS) Engineer for the Advanced Dynamic Measurement System (ADAMS) Team at the Atlantic Test Range (ATR), Patuxent River, MD. As part of a larger test team the RCS Engineer will support ADAMS by performing RCS flight test data analysis, supporting RCS flight operations, test planning, and coordinating with flight test customers. In addition to test measurement duties, the RCS engineer will utilize his or her skills to support independent studies that contribute to development of this state-of-the-art RCS measurement facility. At least four years’ relevant professional experience is desired in the RCS measurements field (indoor/outdoor, static/dynamic, conventional/low observable, component/model/full-scale, air vehicles/ground vehicles/vessels. Work conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and reaching.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and perform Quality Assurance review of RCS flight data.
- Coordinate with customers to communicate range capabilities and gather customer requirements. Participate in test planning process for upcoming projects.
- Coordinate with Team Lead to support upgrades to the radar to meet data requirements.
- Conduct flight testing as RCS Project Engineer (overall responsibility).
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to radar, processing software and quality assurance processes.
- Actively participate in Range Certification efforts.
- Conduct independent studies as needed to support ADAMS understanding of RCS phenomenology.
- Provide other support, as required, as defined by the ASAM Branch Head and/or the ADAMS Team Lead.
Other Experience, Skills, Requirements and Information:
- At least 4 years’ experience associated with engineering functions related to development, test, or evaluation of instrumentation systems is required.
- Candidate should have a sound understanding of RCS scattering phenomenology.
- A background in RCS measurements as well as either RCS design or modeling and simulation is highly desired.
- Proficiency in MATLAB required.
- Knowledge of RCS signal processing (i.e. FFT, windowing, statistics, and probability distribution functions) is required.
- Should be able to support a dynamic work schedule (evenings, weekends, overtime).
- Some travel within the United States will be required, however, it will normally total no more than 15 days per year.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Education: A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science) is required.
Security Clearance Requirements: Must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret Clearance. Active or very recent DoD Security clearances preferred.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Relevant Military Occupational Specialties (MOS)
Air Force: 12GX Generalist Combat Systems Officer; 12RXX-series officers (Reconnaissance/Surveillance/Electronic Warfare Combat Systems Officer); 13BX Air Battle Manager; 13LX Air Liaison Officer; 13MX Airfield Operations; 62EXE Electrical/Electronic Engineer; 3D1X3 RF Transmission Systems; 3D1X4 Spectrum Operations; 1N0x1Operations Intelligence; 1N4A Network Intelligence Analyst; 1N2C Signals Intelligence Analyst with JCAC training, BDNA, and/or ADNA; 1N5xx Electronic Signal Intelligence Exploitation; 1N6x1 Electronic System Security Assessment; 2A6xx Aerospace Ground Equipment; 2M0xx Missile & Space Systems Electronic Maintenance; 3C0x1 Information Systems Operations/Analyst; 3D1x3 RF Transmission System.
Navy: 1733 Electronic Warfare Systems Technician (AN/SLQ-32(V)2); 1734 Electronic Warfare Systems Technician (AN/SLQ-32(V)3); 1736 Electronic Warfare Systems Maintenance Technician (AN/SLQ-32(V)4); 1737 Electronics Warfare Systems Technician (AN/SLQ-32A(V)5/AN/SLQ-32(V)5)
Army: 14G Air Defense Battle Management System Operator; 14H Air Defense Enhanced Early Warning Operator; 14P Air and Missile Defense; 29E Electronic Warfare Specialist; 35F Intelligence Analyst; 35Q Cryptologic Network Warfare Specialist; 35S Signal Collection Identification Analyst; 94D Air Traffic Control Equipment Repairer; 94M Surveillance Radar Repairer; 94W/X/Y/Z Electronic Maintenance Chief/Senior Missile Systems Maintainer/Integrated Family of Test Equipment Operator/Maintainer/Senior Electronic Maintenance Chief; 40A/140K/140L Command and Control Systems Technician/Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Systems Tactician; 170A/B Cyber Operations Technician; 255A/N Information Services Technician / Network Management Technician; 290A Electronic Warfare Technician; 352N/S SIGINT Analysis Technician / Signals Collection Technician; 948B/D Electronic Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer.
Marines: 2651 ISR Systems Engineer; 2691 Signals Intelligence/Electronic Warfare Chief; 26xx 26xx Series with JCAC training, BDNA, and/or ADNA; 28xx Data / Communications Maintenance; 28xx Ground Electronics Maintenance; 59xx Aviation Command and Control (C2) Electronics Maintenance; 63xx Organizational Avionics Maintenance.
Job Type: Full-time
- MATLAB: 4 years (Required)
- Signal Processing: 4 years (Required)
- QA: 4 years (Required)
- Flight Testing: 4 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules