Precision healthcare delivery is making impact throughout the world, founded on the creation of highly personalized 3D printed medical devices, patient-specific surgical simulation, and direct printing of individualized implants and customized instrumentation.
3D Systems partners with surgeons, healthcare professionals, medical device manufacturers, and medical teaching staff to offer a range of precision healthcare solutions including virtual reality simulators, 3D printed anatomical models, Virtual Surgical Planning, patient-specific surgical guides, instrumentation and implants.
We are currently seeking a full time entry-level Biomedical Engineer in the Virtual Surgical Planning department. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating directly with surgeons/customers and multidisciplinary internal and external teams. Using state of the art software in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will simulate craniomaxillofacial surgical procedures and facilitate delivery of personalized medical devices directly to the point of care.
Interact and engage directly with surgeons regarding clinical details of craniomaxillofacial surgery
Use CAD software to manipulate 3D files for surgical simulation
Manage multiple priorities/projects at one time
Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver custom patient-specific products for a 510k-approved medical device
Maintain detailed records of each case in accordance with the company’s Quality Management System
Education & Training:
BS in Engineering or Graphic Design with strong background in CAD and 3D applications
0-2 years of relevant work experience
- 3D design experience in CAD software (FreeForm, Solidworks, Magics)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional communication skills
- Professional public speaking skills
- General knowledge of human anatomy
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Familiarity with medical imaging modalities and DICOM
- Experience with medical image processing software (Mimics, OsiriX, Amira, 3D-Doctor)
- Experience with rapid-prototyping technologies like SLA, SLS, FDM, EBM
- Exposure to medical devices and regulation (FDA, ISO 13485, etc)
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as "protected veterans"). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.
Type of Position:
Oct 21, 2019, 4:40:43 PM