We are currently seeking an experienced Civil Engineer in Land Development to support and take direction from Senior Project Management. The Civil Engineer is responsible for the management project development and for the oversight design of engineering improvement plans and calculations, preparing a variety of engineering studies and interpreting them with a minimum of supervision and assistance. He/she must be able to incorporate agency standards into a design and direct the designers and draftspersons in the preparation of a complete and accurate plan. The Civil Engineer must be proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D. This is a full-time position and compensation will be based on qualifications.
Adkan Engineers is a well-established mid-sized Civil Engineering, Planning, and Land Surveying firm located in Riverside, CA. Currently staffed at approximately 56 employees, we specialize in the private Land Development sector, we offer competitive compensation and benefit packages. Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
Required Design Skills and Experience:
- 5 - 10 years of industry experience
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Street Design, Site Grading, Earthwork Calculations, Road Design, Drainage (Calculations & Reports), Sewer and Water Layout & Sizing, Technical Report Writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- PE preferred or prepared to sit for licensing exam.
- Working knowledge of Windows.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license prior to employment.
- Ability to provide supervision to direct and develop designers and other engineers.
- Knowledgeable in the use of local ordinances as they apply to civil design.
- Ability to perform design of engineering improvement plans and calculations without assistance.
- Ability to interact with public agencies.
- Proficient in the use of computer software programs which aid in project design.
- Ability to interpret tract maps, parcel maps, records of survey and legal descriptions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40.00 - $45.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- EIT/PE license (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place