Under the general direction of the Production Control Manager, the planner/scheduler will be responsible for creating and executing a factory schedule as determined by production management in an engineer-to-order environment. Also, works to determine make or buy decisions while creating work order routings, work center loading including resource availability, number of production days, and shifts based on constraints and work order demand. Adjusts schedule as needed based upon unforeseen materials or equipment/capacity issues to meet customer orders. Attend weekly production capacity meeting including Production Management, Manufacturing, and Purchasing, to review engineering release, project status, work center capacity, and vendor capacity of ongoing and upcoming projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Using company ERP software, issue work orders to the shop floor based on engineering drawings and knowledge of machining, welding, and assembly capabilities of each department and calculated start dates. Monitor work in progress.
2. Perform Dependent Demand Processing functions to generate work orders for make to stock items for replenishment, and work center load balancing.
3. Work closely with the Shop Manager, Purchasing, and Shop Coordinators to ensure the completion of production milestones.
4. Work closely with Purchasing to coordinate the completion of outsourced components.
5. Work with Engineering to plan for long lead items, and to maintain a smooth transition of engineered and released items to Manufacturing.
6. Respond to work order change requests, warranty, and parts orders from Engineering as needed, coordinate work order changes with machine operators and supervisors as required for work in process.
7. Participate in process improvement projects as manufacturing support representative, as needed
× Bachelor’s Degree in related field or three to five years plant/general management experience in an ERP implemented company with strong understanding of bill of materials, routings, job cost, purchasing system logic, inventory, scheduling, and capacity planning.
× Excellent understanding of material specifications and the processes that occur within work centers including machining, welding, fabrication, electrical, and final assembly.
× Ability to analyze situations and react with a strong sense of urgency and attention to details.
× Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required to effectively interact with all levels of Company management and staff, outside business contacts, and customers.
× Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of Company management, staff, and outside business contacts.
× Demonstrated complex mathematical skills as they apply to manufacturing criteria.
× Demonstrated computer skills including database applications, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing applications.
× Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Management Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location