It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Entry Level Process Engineer
Responsible for all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes (including tool path) for machining, turning or grinding, tooling/fixture design, creation/management of documentation/support drawings through the application of professional accepted engineering principles and techniques.
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes (including tool path) for machining, turning or grinding, tooling/fixture design, creation/management of documentation/support drawings through the application of professional accepted engineering principles and techniques. Focused on SiC process improvement.
- Apply accepted engineering principles, completes assigned tasks efficiently with some supervision; confers with supervisor as required.
- Create 3D models, 2D drawings and cutter path with industry standard CAD/CAM systems.
- Develop and maintain complete and accurate written records such as technical drawings and/or process documentation for new or improvements to existing product and/ or processes.
- Interpret customer and company technical drawings for sales and manufacturing departments to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with design specifications; suggests modifications to improve the manufacturing process.
- Provide cost and manufacturing information to management.
- Evaluate new and existing processes and make recommendations to management.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities through research, benchmarking and identification of improved methods or tools to increase efficiency.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and improvement of production/processing methods and controls to meet expected outcomes in the most cost efficient manner, verifying outcome or course of action with appropriate personnel prior to taking action.
- Collect and correlate data while following production operations through a series of related detailed steps of processes to discover discrepancies in results.
- Provide training/cross-training in equipment, software and process operations.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field and/or 4 years of experience in similar discipline.
- Ceramics Degree preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Ceramics, slip or tape casting, sintering, furnace runs, siliconization, SiC experience preferred.
- Ability to perform detail oriented tasks utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as intermediate math and computer skills. Excellent listening skills necessary.
- Proficiency in specific job related software such as CAD or SPC programs.
- Proficiency in drafting software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing/machining techniques and associated tooling/fixture design.
- General understanding of materials and characteristics including material formulations and shrink rates for manufacturing product lines.
- Solid understanding of machining processes and associated manufacturing technologies.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Paid Time Off & Sick Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Competitive Company-Matched 401K
- HSA (Health Savings Account) with Company Contribution
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, Accident Insurance, & more)
CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!