Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Medical Device company located in Fort Mill, SC, is currently recruiting within its technical department. We are seeking a results-oriented Software Engineer to work on our Medical Device user interface software. This role will work with a mixture of C and C++ on embedded platforms. The candidate must exhibit knowledge of best practices in modern C and C++ development, Windows development, data structures, and communications.
The successful applicant will join a dedicated, established team of Engineers working on next generation products. This position is full time and includes excellent benefits and compensation. The position is an office-based position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with others on architecture of embedded software projects.
- To work closely with other team members to specify, write, test and document software for next generation medical devices using a mixture of C and C++.
- To collaborate with other engineering team members on development projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Software, Electronics or related Engineering or Science degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally having already worked in a regulated industry e.g., Medical, Aerospace, Automotive.
- Experience of working in a quality/regulatory systems environment.
- Strong experience in writing C/C++ code for microcontrollers (including hardware drivers).
- Ability to work hands-on with prototype hardware.
- Experience using software development tools e.g., IDEs, ALM Tools etc.
- Ability to work in a small multi-disciplinary team.
- Advanced communication skills, particularly describing ideas verbally and writing clear documentation is essential.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Strong problem solving.
- Well organized and good attention to detail.
- Understanding scalable and modular design principles.
- Ability to understand new technologies and deliver creative/novel and scalable solutions.
- Experience of writing Engineering tools in Windows (Win32, MFC, .NET in C++, C# etc.).
- Knowledge of low-level communications, Ethernet, SPI and I2C would be desirable.
- Experience reading electronic schematics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Mill, SC 29715: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Embedded software: 1 year (Preferred)
- C/C++: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location