CAD Technician - Level I
Level I CAD Technicians will utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to perform a variety of drafting and design activities
including preparation of a variety of basic to intermediate surveys and assistance with minor corrections
and modifications to existing drawings already produced by a senior technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce mortgage/improvement surveys and deliverables using Autocad Civil 3D.
- Produce drawings in a method of presentation as determine by published corporate standards (i.e. colors, scales, layers, line type, etc.).
- Research recorded property data such as warranty deeds and title reports, etc. as required to verify property boundaries and ownership.
- Produce said property metes and bound exhibit to describe property boundary in relation to adjacent properties and monuments found in the field (if needed).
- Review topographical survey data collected by surveyors, complete and or correct necessary linework to ensure existing conditions are accurately displayed.
- Obtain all necessary information from client, superior and resources necessary to complete said topographic survey and/or boundary survey.
- Answer questions and provide information to staff members regarding assessment of survey, boundary, easements, set-backs, property ownership or similar matters.
- Contact and communicate with city planning department, engineers, surveyors to obtain property research data required to complete the survey/base map.
- Create boundary monument stake out points.
- Submit completed mortgage survey and folder as per the Department SOP to the Survey Coordinator for further processing.
- Identify and indicate on smartsheets software which property monuments must be set.
- Actively pursue NSPS Certified Survey Technician (CST) Level I Certification.
- Comply with and enforce all governmental laws, policies and regulations.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to by you.
- All other duties assigned by management.
CAD Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Level I Technician are required to demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office
software, Skilled with 0 to 2 year drafting experience with preferably AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, Fast
learner, Team Player, able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage his/her time,
and excellent communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- mortage surveys, auto cad civil 3D: 3 years (Required)