Looking for a self-starting, innovative, and challenging position where your ideas for improvements are welcome?
Do you consider yourself a team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication/analytical skills, and thrive in a busy environment?
We are looking for an experienced customer service driven dispatcher to plan, schedule and overall dispatch of crews, equipment, and parts to job sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones, assess customer issues or requests and create solutions
- Efficient staff scheduling and timely supply of information needed for workers to perform jobs (e.g. load plans, site books, engineering, etc…)
- Organizing sub trades for operational projects. (mobile cranes, trucking, engineers, etc…)
- Coordinate permits, traffic control, transit wire removal, WorkSafeBC Inspections, etc.
- Ensure crews are supplied with the parts and tools needed to perform their jobs each day
- Set holiday schedule and employee ratio to best manage the workload and the season
- Ensure hotels, flights, etc. are booked for crews while they are out of town
- Utilize Tower Crane Regulations to ensure workers are safe to perform their job
- Cost coding of timecards, work orders and AP
- Monitor weather conditions and adapt schedule accordingly
- Perform cost benefit analysis on the fly to dispatch workers and equipment
- Ensure company is complying with government regulations for product lines and regions
- Participate and assist in organization of safety meetings
- Assist in injury prevention program and incident investigations
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to communicate information in a timely manner to customers and employees, even when they are delivering unwelcome news
- A minimum of 2 years dispatch experience, 5 years preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage a variety of activities simultaneously with good judgment and flexibility
- Ability to sell products and services while providing solutions with integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster a team environment
- Efficient use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently without supervision, while meeting or exceeding goals and objectives set out by management
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and cost reduction and communicate to direct supervisor
What We Offer
We work hard to foster a culture of care, competition, support, and mutual respect. In other words, we work with our friends.
Our core values include Integrity, Passion, Innovation, Preciseness, Balance and Caring.
- Annual Salary negotiable based on experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- RRSP Program
Who We Are
Bigfoot Crane Company Inc. opened its doors in 2014 with the vision to be one of the most admired Crane & Hoist companies in Western Canada; admired for the caring and integrity of our people, the quality of our products and services, and our remarkable customer service.
Our business includes rentals, sales, and service for Self-Erecting Tower Cranes, Traditional Tower Cranes, Construction Hoists, Rooftop Derrick Cranes, and all Underhook Accessories. We also provide Crane Operator Training at our Bigfoot Crane Academy.
We believe our success begins with the team we build. As a small diverse non-union company, we need agile team members keen to grow and work in various aspects of our service business. Continued education and development are a core belief, and we proactively support our crew to reach new heights – literally and figuratively. We are a “pitch in” and “roll up your sleeves” kind of place, cultivating a strong team environment. We actively promote a culture high in honesty and integrity. Legendary Service: it’s what we do.
To apply please include your resume and cover letter - we love a good story about what makes you special!
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Dispatch: 2 years (Required)