Entry-Level Software Tester
The Quality Assurance Team is responsible for managing the testing strategy, processes, and resources for the Decisions platform. This role works closely with system architects, developers and professional services analysts to identify core issues and prioritize fixes for releases in a tight schedule. We are currently accepting applications for entry-level software tester positions. The successful candidate will combine technical and effective communication skills to drive quality in the product throughout the organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand basic concepts about software development like data types, variables, iterating arrays, exception handling, etc. Or at least have a knack for solving software problems.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be very competent at using a Windows computer (if you don’t know how to find your local IP address, or how to shutdown Windows using a command prompt this probably isn’t the job for you).
- Communicate with leadership, developers, testers and professional services regarding platform issues.
- Provides examples and training for testing resources on platform features.
- Performs testing and various other tasks as assigned.
- Understanding of databases, enterprise systems, and web applications.
- Understanding of software industry best practices in Software Quality Assurance as well as the Software Development Life Cycle using Agile and other lean methodologies.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus but not required.
- C#, VB.NET, SQL, JS
- IIS, AD, Hyper-V/Virtualbox, Any Software Testing Platforms * Familiar with software testing fundamentals, Windows services, basic networking concepts, API’s.
Compensation will be heavily based on skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chesapeake, VA
Required education: High school or equivalent
Preferred experience: QA Software Testing: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time