Senior Estimator Job Description
As a Senior Estimator, you are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring your team knows everything involved in estimating and winning the projects. This person will also need to entail aggressive follow-ups with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Customers. While also working closely with the Project Management team to follow up on estimates and budgets to close the jobs in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for bid administration in preparing full estimates on complex work.
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors, Coordinate and interface with owners, architects, engineers, project managers and other project team members to resolve any technical matters during planning and development, negotiation and contract execution, ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors, submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline no exceptions.
- Efficiently performing all stages of an estimate including: project selection, estimate organization, take-off, pricing, review and closeout.
- Communicate project progress/status with Management.
- Prepare, analyze and maintain accurate quantities and thorough take offs from plans.
- Estimate time, materials and equipment required for job completion.
- Teaching Sales Associates how to estimate and sell a job.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Min. 7-10 years’ experience working with in a General Contractor & estimating
- Must have be able to build relationships with customers
- Must be able to travel throughout San Diego County area
- Excellent time management and communication
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
Employee Name Date
Employer Name Date
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Salary: $74,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- General Contractor: 7 years (Preferred)
- Estimator: 7 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift