About the Company
The Authentic T-Shirt Company®/SanMar Canada is the leading wholesale distributor of imprintable apparel to the advertising, embroidery and screen-printing industries. We are a service-orientated company with employment opportunities for people who enjoy a challenge and who are searching for an opportunity to develop and grow their skills. Behind every showroom and distribution centre are a team of people who promote a fun, creative team environment where we believe that individual contribution will always lead to a strong team.
The Authentic T-Shirt Company®/SanMar Canada is looking for a hands-on, motivated individual to join our amazing team in Vancouver, BC.
If you are this person, we encourage you to join our team and experience the difference!
What does The Authentic T-Shirt Company/SanMar Canada have to offer?
- Monday to Friday schedule
- 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Paid sick time and vacation
- An enjoyable, inclusive & cooperative working environment
- Full benefits package
- Employee discounts on all of our products
- & much, MUCH more!
Reporting to the Director of Technology, this role assists the current and future development of advanced e-Commerce platform and customized modules. Being an important member of the development team, you will need to work independently and seamlessly with other developers on deadline/quality driven and time sensitive projects to maintain our industry leading position when it comes to websites and software/applications. Main responsibilities will include developing advanced e-Commerce platform(Magento) that connects in real-time to backend ERP system. You will be the driving force when it comes to SEO & analytics deep-diving, customizations and integration tasks to work with external systems. The ideal candidate will have both front and back end development experiences.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience in enterprise environment with strong knowledge of following:
- LAMP full stack
- Relational databases such as MySQL(MariaDB), SQL query language
- PHP7 & up
- Magento 2 Framework(CE)
- Search engine & indexing/schema
- Open-source application environment
- Server-side caching
- Linux CLI & shell scripting
- Good knowledge of version control software
- WS calls & API development/Integration
- Creating custom modules
- Responsive Design
- Multi-site applications
- Data import/export/query/mining
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferred)
- Magento 2 developer certification(MCD/MCD+)
- AWS certification (preferred)
- PHP/MySQL performance profiling/optimization (preferred)
- AWS administration an asset
- Other CMS & e-Commerce solutions an asset
- Online system & database profiling/design, architecture, security & performance tuning an asset
- Site testing/benchmarking/scanning an asset
- SEO & analytics/heatmap an asset
- Apple iOS and Android mobile development an asset
- Java/JDK an asset
- Python an asset
- 40 hours per week; occasional overtime
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of software/web development best practices & SDLC, including extending existing functionality and creating custom modules
- A history of handling full stack Magento development projects, end-to-end
- Working experience with Open-source platforms
- Practitioner of Experience in Extreme Programming/Agile Process
- Great time, change & risk management skills
- Good judgement, solid problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking
- Strong database architecture, efficiency and implementation skills
- Attention to details, good quality control
- Programming logic, impeccable code-writing style and commenting are a must
- Good documentation and contingency planning
- Dependable and professional, good team player with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, quick learner with desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, but also work well with others in the team/projects
- Have big picture vision and willingness to take responsibility on tasks
- Assist in other areas of the IT department and additional duties as required
- Work in cooperation and communicate effectively with project members and stakeholders at different levels
- Keep co-workers & users informed of activities that have implications to them
The Authentic T-Shirt Company®/SanMar Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
All individuals must adhere to the COVID-19 and Communicable Disease company policy, wear PPE (mask) while at work. Sanitizing and disinfecting on all work stations and common areas is completed daily.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Magento 2: 4 years (preferred)
- Magento 2 Certification (preferred)