Senior level engineering position in the Electrical Engineering group designing industrial power systems for industrial gas plants. The Electrical Engineering group is responsible for specifying, purchasing, and commissioning the electrical distribution equipment and large motors associated with cryogenic, hydrogen, cogeneration, and process gas plants..
H1B availibility must.
1. Development of electrical single line diagrams and overall plant electrical distribution systems.
2. Coordination with utility and/or customer to develop required power for operating plants.
3. Specifying and purchasing key electrical equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, VFD’s, UPS systems, DC systems, etc. Responsibilities include writing purchase specifications, evaluating quotations, performing technical bid evaluations, vendor document review, and factory acceptance testing.
4. Specifying large induction and synchronous motors and starting systems including reduced voltage autotransformers, reactor start, electronic soft-start/VFD/LCI, etc.
5. Performing electrical system studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, and arc flash, and creating appropriate protective device settings. The applicant must have knowledge and experience in performing detailed power system engineering studies
6. Provide start-up and commissioning support for electrical distribution equipment and motors.
1. Data / Input collection for projects.
2. Client coordination, Onsite – offshore team coordination.
3. Knowledge of various international codes such as NEC, IEEE.
4. Able to handle multiple project onsite coordination.
5. Site markup and input data to offshore engineering team for deliverable preparation.
6. Existing As-built data / document / drawing accuracy verification at site for offshore team further engineering.
7. Design verification at site and provide the feedback to offshore team.
8. Exposure to HT and LT system design / verification and in Electrical layouts.
9. Good communication skill is must to interact with client and offshore team. Understand the expectation from client and it should be communicated to offshore team.
10. Electrical system Design knowledge to review the produced deliverables with respect to the site condition and client practices.
11. Discuss/interact with client to understand the submitted package quality and the same shall be informed to offshore team if any improvement needs to be done.
12. Query resolution skill (Client and offshore team)
13. Local Vendor co-ordination for engineering input and vendor data collection.
14. Knowledge of Hazardous area requirements.
15. Power System study knowledge and existing plant/system data collection for power system study (Input to offshore team).
16. Scope understanding, Site visit and clarification preparation for the new proposals. Understand the client requirement and help the offshore team for estimation.
Electrical Power distribution engineering & Onsite coordination
Communication (written and verbal)
Any specific industry experience
BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering