Powin Energy Corporation is a market leading supplier of utility-scale modular battery energy storage systems (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). Powin has distinct competitive advantages in the exponentially expanding energy storage sector: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deployability; and operational sophistication. These advantages position Powin as a market leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. Additionally, Powin’s system is engineered for either indoor or outdoor installations and maximizes energy density while minimizing the system’s footprint.
Powin’s Product Engineering team is in need of a Java Developer. The Java Developer will be responsible for writing code, writing unit tests, and working collaboratively with Powin’s Quality Assurance team. The perfect candidate for this role has significant Java experience. The role is hands on, reports directly to the Head of Product Engineering, and assists with developing, refining, and advancing Powin’s battery energy storage technology for use in the next generation of the grid.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience (proficiency in Java is a must)
- 2 to 3 years of experience with Spring, Maven, & SQL (PostGres preferred)
- 2 to 3 years of web development experience (HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, JSPX) is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Ability to learn new frameworks, new environments, and new technologies
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Tualatin, OR office.
This is a great opportunity to really make a big impact on a highly ambitious business going through an exciting stage of our growth!
Job Type: Full-time