We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
Our three companies:
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and all inputs and suggestions are taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
Selfhacked.com [https://www.selfhacked.com/] - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com [https://www.selfdecode.com/] - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com [https://www.labtestanalyzer.com/] - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full time partnership with our employees.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer and Cofounder who can provide technical leadership for the rest of the company. The ideal applicant will be very intelligent, organized, ambitious, hard working, self-motivated, and have good leadership abilities.
Needs to be a great communicator and comfortable with a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The company is making 7 figures in revenue and we are growing. We need a CTO who is willing to take less money in the short term but get a lot of equity.
We are currently self-funded but plan to raise funds in the next 12 months. We are looking for someone who will be a partner in the ups and downs and is who is comfortable with uncertainty.
Compensation and equity will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
This is not a 9-5 role. It's preferable that this individual be in the US and move if necessary to our base in Southern California.
We are looking for someone:
- Full-time only - willing to put in more than 40 hours a week
- Willing to take a lower salary for more equity
- Willing to do whatever it takes to make the company succeed
- Not part of an agency
- Willing to wear many hats, including product management
- Product management
- Hands-on coding if needed (since we are a relatively small company)
- Representing the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Staying up-to-date with current developments in the technology landscape
- Consolidating our software platforms and creating strategic plans for each
- Tracking, analyzing and monitoring technology performance metrics
- Identifying new and upcoming digital marketing opportunities, and creating strategies to implement them (both for us and our clients)
- Taking the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Creating a culture of collaboration within the organization that emphasizes teamwork and accountability
- Communicating the company’s technology strategy to stakeholders including clients, investors, executives, and internal team members
- Spearheading IT projects to increase our market reach and improve our USP
- Overseeing all designs and modifications to our system architecture
- 5+ years of software engineering and IT experience
- Experience in leadership roles
- Strong experience in designing complex databases
- A proven track record of success in leadership positions
- Project management, organizational, leadership and communication English-language skills
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the biotech or health industry
- An impressive technology-related achievement that stands out from the average software engineer
- Familiarity with marketing platforms, programs, and policies
- Business Analysis
- APIs and Integrations
- Data Analytics