Primary Responsibilities Electroimpact is seeking approximately 1 experienced and self-directed individual to join our team as a machinist running one of our Acu-Rite® milling machines. Day, night, and weekend positions are available. These 3- and 4-axis machines can be conversationally programmed or use offline-generated programs. Experience with conventional lathes and/or grinders is a plus. Electroimpact is a Seattle area company that provides automation and tooling solutions to the aircraft manufacturing industry. We serve Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, Bombardier, Spirit and many others around the globe with highly engineered solutions. Our workforce of 600 is made up of over 70% mechanical and electrical engineers supported by talented technical and manufacturing staff. We primarily work out of our headquarters in Mukilteo, WA but have other locations around the globe. Duties include:
- Working with engineers, programmers, planners and other machinists to produce good parts in a timely manner. Coaching and mentoring of engineers is expected.
- Ensuring parts are within tolerances defined on drawings and CAD models supplied by engineers. We are quality-minded and typically make short-run parts.
- Working with engineers to determine disposition of parts when out of tolerance.
- Ensuring parts move through the system on schedule.
- Understanding and complying with AS9100 standards and procedures
- Understanding and complying with best machining practices.
Relocation assistance is negotiable.
To qualify for this position you must be:
Ideal candidates will have:
- Able to demonstrate at least 4 years of training and experience on CNC mills and/or lathes.
- Able to stand for long periods; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms over the head; bend, kneel, and lift up to 70 lbs. periodically during your shift.
- Able to work unsupervised for the majority of your shift.
- Able to speak, read, analyze and interpret written procedures & engineering drawings in English and with a computer. (SolidWorks knowledge a plus).
- Over 18 years old.
- Have at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a background check and drug testing.
- Able to furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Aerospace experience; excellent analytical, technical & problem-solving skills; organizational & planning skills; ability to interface with all other disciplines within organization; a good attitude about work; good attention to detail; and good references.
Work is primarily performed in a shop environment with constant exposure to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Includes exposure to outside elements when traveling between buildings.
1st shift runs from 5am to 3pm - (4) 10-hr shifts with paid lunch. 2nd shift runs from 3pm to 1am - (4) 10-hr shifts with paid lunch. Weekend shift is Friday through Sunday, 12 hour days, paid for 40. The position may require work outside regular business hours when the need arises. This is a full-time, permanent, hourly position.