Ortho Development Corporation helps people do what they love by restoring mobility. We are an orthopedic design, manufacturing and distribution company located in the Salt Lake City suburb of Draper, Utah. Our primary product focus is total hip and knee replacement. We are passionate about designing and manufacturing innovative, clinically-proven products using the latest material science and technology.
As a Product Development Engineer you would be responsible to design and develop innovative, quality Total Hip Replacement related products from creation to implantation.
1. Design orthopedic implants and instruments that meet the design inputs set forth by orthopedic surgeons.
2. Obtain customer and surgeon feedback on designs to develop and enhance product.
3. Ensure that all implants and instruments meet FDA/MHLW regulations and are safe for intraoperative use.
4. Prepare the necessary documentation for obtaining FDA/MHLW approval on all implants and instruments.
5. Consult with vendors to ensure manufacturability of the specified parts.
6. Maintain and adjust existing product designs as needed.
7. Model products using Creo and ensure that a thorough analysis and testing of the product is performed.
8. Work with team designing products along a designated product line.
9. Maintain knowledge of literature and patent state in designated product line.
10. Steer the objectives of development projects assuring products meet user needs.
11. Provide technical expertise to set the direction for the designated product line.
12. Support product team with manufacturability and cost savings inputs.
13. Interact with management to provide information on project direction and status.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Bio-medical engineering field required
· 2 to 5 years experience in the orthopedic medical device field preferred.
· Ability to visually communicate design ideas.
· Knowledge of Creo CAD software
· CAD and GD&T experience
· Knowledge of basic human anatomy
· Relevant manufacturing processes
· Project management experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Medical Device: 2 years (Preferred)