As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a real-world problem solver with the technical savvy to make the impossible, possible. As an Associate Application Developer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using future-looking technologies, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, finding solutions to major challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
You see the big picture, able to imagine successful technology-driven solutions from start to finish. As an Associate Full-Stack Application Developer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, co-creating solutions to major real-world challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
Work you could do as an Associate Full Stack Developer:
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- Use IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Work with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React.js, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and JQuery).
- Work across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality and scalable products.
- Design and develop a new modern application or sustaining a legacy application.
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Support Code Review process / tools, troubleshooting, performance tuning
- Help maintain and improve code quality, organization, and automatization
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a complete minimally viable product.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Monroe center (aka: we work in a traditional IBM Agile office setting).
Travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time.
You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, LOUISIANA. The work location is 150 Venable Lane, Monroe, LA 71203. This is not a work from home position.
Right Time, Right Place, Change the World.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Retirement Planning. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM:
navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people:
Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Have flexibility to work across architecture - building both front end and backend
- Familiar with Java/JEE best practices around design patterns, performance tuning, automated tests and unit tests
- Exposure in writing RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture and Spring Boot framework
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Have knowledge of modern frameworks such as Angular or React.js
Prior experience in a development environment
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.