Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun! So, come join us as we bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer/Process Automation in Austin, TX
The Operations Engineering team working together with design engineering to introduce microwave communication product to the market; we build prototype, run pilot in production; and transfer process to contract manufacturing partners. The Operations engineering team is primarily responsible for providing the manufacturing assembly and test solutions for production and supporting operations and manufacturing partners through the product life cycle; the team is also responsible for the manufacturability of the product to ensure the implementation of the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT).
Individual Responsibilities as Manufacturing Engineer:
- Design manufacturing database to collect product process and performance data.
- Develop production performance report to ensure we deliver the quality product to our customer.
- Develop automated manufacturing process, ensure the successful run of pilot in meeting the new product releasing schedule.
- Work closely with development engineering team to ensure the DFX results being incorporated into the new product design
- Define and maintain the manufacturing capacity to meet the product planning target
- Define the manufacturing strategies to achieve the quality goals, including the yields, MTBF and return rate.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing process to meet the cost target.
- Work closely with production sites to identify and incorporate their requirements into the initial product design and manufacturing assembly and test solution.
- Participate independently in engineering design reviews and drive the implementation of the assembly and test methodologies through the product life cycle.
- Actively provide the solutions to address the process deficiency in production.
- Define the process to fulfill customer specific system level requirements, from OEM integration to system networking.
- BSEE, BSCE, BSME, Industrial Engineering degree
- 2~ 5+ years’ experience focused on manufacturing process engineering in volume production environment.
- Experience with database (Oracle, MS SQL and Payton, Minitab, MS Power BI, MES system SW).
- Technical knowledge in statistical methods, Six Sigma quality improvement, process characterization, and SPC methods
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Project Management experience focusing on the results.
- Ability to Travel Internationally.
'We encourage you to read our Candidate Privacy Notice. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do this you can email us at email@example.com.
Aviat Networks provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, disability or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Aviat Networks offers a competitive benefits package. Apply NOW to learn more!